On October 20-21 we had a reunion in Druskininkai, Lithuania. 39 participants arrived to the meeting: 17 Lithuanians, 13 Poles, 8 Latvians, and 1 American. Organizers booked a mild autumn weather, and everybody enjoyed cycling to the colourful Raigardas Valley and old monastery in Liskiava as well as water amusements in the Aqua Park. On Saturday evening we were watching slides and films, greeted the newly married BaltiCCycle couple – Joanna and Saulius – and were dancing, drinking and eating local food.
Druskininkai, a famous balneological resort in south Lithuania.
October 19 (Friday)
Arrival. Free program. There are many attractions and sights to visit: Aqua Park, Snow Arena, SPA complexes and beauty services, Tarzania Park, Memorial Museum of the best known Lithuanian painter and composer Mikalojus Konstantinas Čiurlionis, many art galleries and parks, for example the Grūtas Park with exposition discloses the negative content of the Soviet ideology and its impact on the value system.
October 20 (Saturday)
12:00 – 15:00 bike excursion in surroundings of Druskininkai ~25-30 km
18:00 – 24:00 party with slide shows, discussions about BC future plans, etc.
October 21 (Sunday)
11:00 – 14:00 boat excursion to Liškiava
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
- There are regular buses to Druskininkai from Kaunas and Vilnius. You can check the schedule and buy ticket on http://www.autobusubilietai.lt/. Many busses accept bikes for free.
- Velokurjers minibus going from Riga can take some people on its rout.
- There is good site (only LT) how to arrive from different directions http://www.druskininkuap.lt/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=115&Itemid=279.
Education Centre “Dainava”, Maironio Street 22, Druskininkai – check on the Google map. Available rooms: 5×2 beds, 7×3 beds, and 3×4 beds. The price in each room 40 Lt per person per night. The earlier registered participants will advantage in choosing the room.
It is possible to put tent – 10 Lt per person.
It is possible to order breakfast (12 Lt) in the Centre canteen. Also there are cafés and restaurants around. The Saturday evening meal (cold dishes – Swedish table, there is possibility to grill outside) is including in membership fee.
Membership fee includes:
- 50 Lt – rent of party hall, party meal, beer, and other organizational expenses.
- bike rent 25 Lt per day, 40 Lt per 2 days;
- guided bike excursion 10-15 Lt (depends on number of registered participants);
- boat excursion 25-30 Lt (depends on number of registered participants).