The traditional reunion meeting this year will be held in Lithuania, in the centre of Žemaitija (Samogitia) National Park, at the Plateliai Lake, which is the biggest lake in Samogitia. We will share impressions and photos of 2022 trips:
- continuation of 5th Olympic Expeditions, sections from the Iguazu Falls to Santiago de Chile (February-March)
- Portugal (August)
and present our 2023 plans:
- continuation of 5th Olympic Expedition, Japan sections
- ideas for 2023 winter/spring
Guest House “Banga”. On the east bank of the lake, Plokštinė st. 11, Paplatelės village, Plunge region, Lithuania, GPS 56.047314, 21.885705.
How to arrive:
- cheap flights from different European towns to Vilnius, Kaunas, Palanga
- buses (Flixbus, Ecolines etc.) from different European towns to Vilnius, Kaunas, Palanga
- by car
- by train Klaipėda – Plungė (the schedule here)
- by train Vilnius – Plungė (07:25-12:05 or 12:40-16:18), then by bike ~20 km. On Sunday Plungė – Vilnius (07:22-11:11, 13:42-17:27). Also, there is a bus Plungė – Plateliai – Plungė.
- by bus Kaunas – Plungė (07:50-12:05 or 13:30-17:05), then by bike 20 km. On Sunday Plungė – Kaunas (11:45-15:05)
September 23 (Friday)
afternoon / evening: arrival
19:00 welcome fire or grill (it depends on the weather)
September 24 (Saturday)
11:00-16:00 bike excursion with stop for a lunch at café. We will visit the Cold War museum – the former underground Soviet missile base, where from 1962 to 1978 nuclear weapons, capable of destroying the entire European continent were held
18:00-24:00 dinner, slide shows and films from the expeditions, presentation of BC 2023 plans.
September 25 (Sunday)
an individual program and departure
The participation fee (full program) – 100 EUR – includes:
– 2 nights in bed, twin rooms (2×20€) or you can put a tent (2×5€),
– 2 breakfasts (2×10€),
– Friday fire or grill (5€),
– Cold War museum with guide (10€)
– Saturday dinner (20€),
– organization fee (5€).
Bicycle rental: choose your model and price here velorent.lt; it will be delivered to the Guest House or rent at the Guest House (10€).
You can: diving, swimming, fishing, kayaking in the lake (paid), taking many walks.
We need the following data from you:
• given name and surname
• dates of arrival and departure
• room or tent
• telephone, e-mail
• which meals
• from what country/city are you coming
• what kind of transport
• will you rent a bike
• excursion yes/not.
After the registration, you will receive a confirmation with the calculation.
The participation fee you can pay to the account of (add “the reunion in Plateliai”) or in cash:
GMPR Lithuanian Fund
AB SEB BANKAS
BIC=SWIFT: CBVI LT 2XXXX
IBAN: LT83 7044 0600 0115 2710