October 5-7, 2018
38 people took part in the 2018 reunion: 2 from Germany, 6 from Latvia, 7 from Poland, and 23 from Lithuania. We had good time there! See Jonas photos and films. More you will find on our Facebook.
We shared impressions and photos of 2018 trips:
• “Bolivia expedition: the highest world‘s road“ from February 20 to April 10: Résumé | Participants;
• “Around Baltic States”, the route Vilnius, Tallinn, Riga, Vilnius from June 15 to August 14: Résumé | Participants | Reports | Photo Hyde Park;
and discuss our 2019 plans:
• Patagonia, end of February to April;
• Madagascar, from June to July.
We will meet at the School of Young Tourists, close to the centre of Šiauliai, address Rygos Street 36. GPS: 55°56’17.2″N 23°19’51.1″E.E
How to arrive
Šiauliai is located 130 km from Riga, 170 km from Klaipėda, 212 km from Vilnius, and 580 km from Warsaw (if the enough number of people from Poland register, we will rent a bus). You can find bus schedules and buy tickets here.
Šiauliai is connected by railway with Vilnius and Klaipėda. The schedule you can find here.
Riga is connected by budget airlines with many European cities. Check www.ryanair.com, www.wizzair.com, www.airbaltic.com.
afternoon / evening: arrival
19:00 welcome at the music club-tavern Juonė Pastuogė
8:00-10:00 breakfast (own food or on order)
11:00-17:00 bike excursion around Šiauliai including Hill of Crosses. Start with visiting the Bicycle Museum.
19:00-24:00 dinner, slide shows and films from the expeditions, presentation of BC 2019 plans
9:00-10:00 breakfast (own food or on order)
11:00 guided tour at Chaimas Frenkelis Villa
or individual program
There are rooms for 45 people:
- 4 rooms with 2 beds,
- 7 rooms with 3 beds,
- 4 rooms with 4 beds.
Rooms are equipped with bedlinen. Wi-Fi is available. WC and showers are common in the corridor. There is a common kitchen with electric kettle.
– accommodation 5 EUR per night/per person,
– breakfast 5 EUR (or your own food),
– Friday tavern 10 EUR,
– Saturday excursion by bike including visiting the Bicycle Museum 10 EUR,
– Saturday dinner 20 EUR,
– Sunday guided tour 5 EUR,
– organizational costs 3 EUR,
– renting bicycles: 1hour / 1 EUR, for 24 hours / 12 EUR (you pay yourself at the Bicycle Museum).