Conditions of Participation
BaltiCCycle (BC) is not a commercial tour, all organizers are volunteers, and the registration fee collected goes only for covering organizational expenses. Joining the BC you become a part of the team.
We try to keep our organizational principles similar to the previous BC tours.
- Usually the daily cycling distance does not exceed 90km, only in exceptional cases it can overrun 100km. This year we have more short daily distances to give you a chance to visit many remarkable sights. The rest days are planned once a week or more often, if there are famous sights on the route.
- We will sleep in tents in official camping sites and in wild nature, or in other suitable places. Not all sleeping places are arranged in advance, the BC support car will go ahead looking for them.
- The maps with a marked day’s route will be distributed during a map-meeting every morning as well as the day’s program explained.
- From sleeping to sleeping place you can travel individually or in small groups. When according the program some common event is planned we will cycle in one group wearing T-shirts and other ride symbolic.
- The car of organizers will follow during the whole ride. In case of serious emergency you can call the driver asking to transport to the nearest first aid or service center. In case of injury, sickness or other reason when participant is not able to continue cycling for more than 1-2 days the organizers can offer to transport his bike but can’t undertake any obligations to provide a passenger seat in the car.
- When planning the route we try to avoid the roads with high level of traffic but not everywhere it is possible. You should be very careful cycling on busy roads because most of the drivers in Ukraine are not minded to share the road with cyclists. The longer part of the route will go on paved asphalt roads but the quality of the pavement can be very different.
Arrival/Departure. You can join and finish the ride at any point of the route. The arrival/departure is not included in the participation fee. If we gather enough participants interested in transport to and from Odessa we will rent a bus. If you are interested please mark it in your registration form. The cost will depend on the number of participants, we will announce it later.
If you are going to join or finish the ride in another place, you have to plan it yourself. Click here to find the rough recommendations where it is more convenient to start or finish the ride.
We can pick you up for the additional fee (3 Euro per 10km) in the radius of 50km. You have to inform us about it at least 2 days in advance.
It will be possible during the whole period to contact the ride organizers by mobile phone or email. Leaving from the intermediate points of the route should be not a problem: the public transport is available almost everywhere on the route. Though the ride schedule is already fixed but the real dates can be slightly shifted (plus/minus 1-2 days) because of unexpected obstacles. Have it in your mind when planning your travel.
Visa. Citizens of the EU, Switzerland, USA, Japan don’t need visa. To spend not more than 90 days in Ukraine during not more than 6 months they need a valid passport (at least 6 months ahead).
Ferries/ships/boats. We will use such service. The price of tickets is not included in the participation fee, and you have to pay for the tickets separately.
Cattery. It depends only on you. It is recommended to bring along a gas stove for preparing meal in the campsites and enough drinkable water during the day. You must remember it will be hot in Crimea since it’s mid-summer. If the tap drinkable water is not available in the campsite, you will find it in our van.
Vaccination. Special vaccinations are not required, though hepatitis A and diphtheria vaccinations are always recommended.
Necessary equipment and documents:
- bicycle prepared for long travel (carriers with panniers or saddlebags, safe brakes, reflectors and light); click here for the recommendations how to prepare the bike;
- cyclist first-aid kit;
- bike spare parts and keys to service it;
- valid passport (at least 6 months ahead);
- INDIVIDUAL MEDICAL INSURANCE is obligatory, no group insurance is provided;
- camping gear (tent, sleeping bag, gas stove, light, waterproof and sun protected clothes, etc);
- money for personal expenses (bicycle repair, food, museums, ferries and other expenses)
- mobile phone.
Children until 18. Children can take part in the ride only together with parents (one or both) or another adult who is authorized by notary to take care and is fully responsible for the juvenile.
Luggage transport. We recommend carrying the necessary personal stuff in the panniers of your bike. The service of luggage transportation is limited to 20 kg should be packed to a standard bag (you will receive the bag after arrival), and it is included in the registration fee. In case of emergency (car accident or some other unexpected circumstances) you should be ready to carry all your stuff 1-2 days on the bike. If you plan to transport any additional bag in the support bus you have to indicate when registering and pay in advance (2 Euro per day).
Registration fee. The average participation fee for the whole ride is 10 Euro per day. You have to indicate the number of days you plan to travel in the table of the Registration Form, and your registration fee for the whole tour will be counted automatically.
The registration fee will not be required from the local cyclists who are invited to support the ride and will cycle just a few days. The organizers will appreciate if local participants will purchase a package with ride symbols (T-shirts, flag and sticker).
The registration fee includes:
- sleeping place for a tent under simple camp-conditions (outdoor toilet, drinking water, waste-baskets) in camp-site at the river or lake, sometimes under a roof in sport hall of gymnasium, stadium, church or other place;
- car following the group with first-aid and basic bicycle repair instruments; possibility to call the car in case of serious emergency;
- transportation of 1 standard bag;
- black copy of maps in scale with the marked route; list of recommended sights as well as a short description;
- a package with ride symbols: T-shirts (for 15-day and more participants), flag and sticker;
- daily consultation regarding the route, cultural program, cattery;
- cozy surprises prepared by organizers or local authorities.
- 10% – is available for pupils and students (not more than 26 year old), families (three and more persons).
- 20 % – for BC participants who cycled 100 days and more with us in BC history.
- The discounts are applicable for these participants whose registration form and at least the half part of participation fee is received by the close of the business day on May 31, 2009. The rest part of participation fee must be paid before the start of the ride. After June 1, 2009 no discounts and the participant fee increases 10%.
- Participants who obtain potential sponsors will receive a Privilege Discount.
- Participants who prepare a part of the route (maps, descriptions, sleeping places) will be exempted from the registration fee for that part of the route and additionally for another one in the same length by days.
- Participants who help organizers before or during the ride (being a doctor, a serviceman etc.) will receive a Privilege Discount.
Additional paid service (optional):
– booked by registration:
- transportation of additional personal luggage (one bag up to 20kg – 2 Euro per day);
- T-shirt, if participant registered for less than 15 days (10 Euro per unit);
- rent bikes (one bike for woman and one bike for man – Kross, model 6th Avenue, collection City): 1-7 days – 5 Euro per day, 8-40 days – 4 Euro per day;
- bus transport to and from Odessa;
- safety jacket (5 Euro per unit);
– booked during the ride:
- bicycle spare parts (bike shop price);
- possibility to use transport of organizers for arrival/departure to/from the ride in the radius of 50km (3 Euro per 10km).
Resignation rules. The date of resignation is fixed on when the resignation letter is received by organizers (before by email email@example.com, during the ride it should be delivered to the leader of the expedition and confirmed by him). The date is important, because resigning from the tour the participant receives his money back in the following manner:
- up to 30 days before the start: 100 %;
- 10-30 days before the start: 70 %;
- less than 10 days before the start – no money repaid, however 50% are deposited in participant’s account for the next year BC tour;
- after 20 and more days of cycling – 80% of unused money (for first 20 days no refund);
- money are paid back under mentioned above circumstances within 30 days after the end of the tour;
- money are not paid back for the excluded from the tour participants;
- if you decide to change the sleeping place on another, you will cover a cost of it, the organizers don’t give back money for that you don’t sleep with a group;
- if due to some reasons the participant separates from the group for 1 no refund for this lost time is applicable.
- Polish Travelers’ Association CROTOS
- The Great Millennium Peace Ride Lithuanian Fund
Additional information. Please contact organizers by email firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile phone +48 663 266 553.