How to join / leave
To the start:
- Klagenfurt (to join in Villach, around 40km away)
- Vienna (see info about trains from Vienna below)
Trains from Vienna:
- to Salzburg: the cheapest ticket with discount (a limited amount of tickets in offer) 19 Euro + 5 Euro a bike – click here; a little bit more expensive offer Westbanhof ~25 Euro, a bike 5 euro; the most expensive you find here – 50 Euro, but buying in advance ~40 euro.
- to Villach: you can find here. The ticket ~60 euro, but buying in advance ~25 euro.
- Make sure if the chosen train takes bikes and make a reservation on line!
- If you need booking assistance contact the coordinator of our route in Austria email@example.com.
Convenient airports for those who want to join or leave on others parts of the route (buses you can check at the Eurolines offer):
Rijeka (RJK) – trains to Karlovac, Zagreb
BOSNIA and HERZEGOVINA:
Ohrid (OHD) – buses to Albania
Tirana – Rinas (TIA)
Back home from Corfu:
- You may use a meta-flight search engine depending of your country to find an overview of possible flights, eg. opodo.de, www.skyscanner.pl.
- Taking a bike on an airplane can cost up to 50 Euro for such “sports luggage”. Read carefully what the airline requires. Some want the bike just to be wrapped a little and handlebars turned. But some, for example Ryanair*, has strong conditions: bicycles must be contained in a protective box or bag in order to be accepted for travel.
- When you join the BC tour and arrive with such carton or bag, we try to carry it on our tour van for flying home, but depending on remaining space. Don’t worry: If necessary, you can find such carton box in bike shops of the bigger cities we pass.
* Note also that any sporting and musical item weighing over the 20 kilos allowance will be charged for the excess at the applicable excess baggage rate per kilo except for bikes which have a weight limit of 30 kilos. This means that it is possible, at least on Ryanair, to load your bike bag or box up to 30kg without incurring any extra baggage charges. You may, however, be asked if it is just a bicycle.