Conditions of Participation
The BaltiCCycle (BC) is not a commercial tour, all organizers are volunteers, and the membership fee collected goes only for covering organizational expenses. Joining the BC you become a part of the team, and we expect from you the goodwill, the right understanding of our principles and rules, as well as the offering assistance when organizers need it.
The BaltiCCycle 2015 tour “One Eye to Morocco” is scheduled for participants having experience in travels. You should be ready for adventures, adverse weather conditions (hot days and cold nights) and different obstacles. The ride is open for everybody but before signing you should think about your potential to complete it not bringing troubles to yourself and others.
BC participants gather for the ride from different countries and continents. We recommend bringing on your bike a national flag or other symbols that local people could see us as international friendly cycling community.
Note. The organizers reserve the right to alter these conditions if less than 15 participants register until January 9, 2015. This is the expiry date for discounts too. We must know the number of participants to book in advance sleeping places, and you have to book your flights in advance too. After registering you will be regularly informed by email about the registration progress.
Organizational principles. It is a similar trip to the previous BC tours:
- Usually the daily cycling distance is less than 80 km.
- The rest days are planned in famous towns.
- We will sleep in tents in official camping sites (if available), in mini hotels and rural villas, sometimes in wild nature, or in other suitable places. Not all sleeping places are arranged in advance; the BC support car will go ahead looking for them.
- The maps with a marked day’s route and description will be distributed during a map-meeting every morning as well as the day’s program explained.
- From sleeping to sleeping place you can travel individually or in small groups. When according the program some common event is planned we will cycle in one group wearing T-shirts and other ride symbols.
- The car of organizers will follow during the whole ride. In case of serious emergency you can call the driver asking to transport to the nearest first aid or service centre. In case of injury, sickness or other reason when participant is not able to continue cycling for more than 1-2 days the organizers can offer to transport his bike but can’t undertake any obligations to provide a passenger seat in the car.
- When planning the route we try to avoid the roads with high level of traffic but not everywhere it is possible.
Arrival / Departure. The cost of arrival/departure is not included in the membership fee; you have to arrange transport by yourself. If you are going to join or finish the ride in another place, you have to plan it yourself too. We can pick you up for the additional fee (4 Euro per 10 km) in the radius of 50 km. You have to inform us about it at least 2 days in advance. You can fly to Morocco by Ryanair Airlines or take a ferry from Spain. Click here to find the rough recommendations about arrival/departure options. It will be possible during the whole ride period to contact the ride organizers by mobile phone or email. Though the ride schedule is already fixed but the real dates can be slightly shifted (plus/minus 1-2 days) because of unexpected obstacles. Have it in your mind when planning your travel.
Transportation of bicycle to/from Morocco. For participants from Lithuania and Poland we offer transportation of the bicycle and other personal luggage to/from Morocco by our BC support van which will take the Grimaldi Lines ferry from Barcelona to Tangier on February 15, and back from Tangier on March 10. The charge for this service is 70 Euro one way. If you order the transportation of bicycle you must be on the same ferry together with our van when entering and leaving Morocco. The cost of ferry ticket (Pullman seat) is 85 Euro one way, 180 Euro both ways. There are direct flights to Barcelona from Lithuania, Poland and other countries.
Another option is to take your bicycle on a plane to Morocco. From Lithuania and Poland there are no direct flights to Tangier, and for the transportation of bicycle on the plane you have to pay 100 Euros one way. Some recommendations how to pack the bike for the plane you can find here.
Visas. Citizens of EU don’t need visas to Morocco. You can stay up to 90 days in Morocco with a valid passport.
Vaccination. It is not required, but always better to vaccinate against Hepatitis A, ticks, Hepatitis B virus, Typhoid fever, Tetanus and Diphtheria.
Catering. It depends only on you. It is recommended to bring along a gas stove for preparing meal in the campsites and enough drinkable water during the day. If the tap of drinkable water is not available in the campsite, you will find water in our van. Optionally the driver of our van offers meals for money paid directly to him.
Necessary equipment and documents:
- bicycle prepared for the travel (carriers with panniers or saddlebags, safe brakes, reflectors and lights); click here for the recommendations how to prepare the bike;
- cyclist first-aid kit (more medicines in the support car);
- bike spare parts and keys to service it (some bike repair equipment will be in the support car);
- valid passport;
- INDIVIDUAL MEDICAL INSURANCE is obligatory, no group insurance is provided;
- camping gear (tent, sleeping bag, gas stove, light, waterproof and sun protected clothes, etc);
- money for personal expenses (bicycle repair, food, museums, and other expenses);
- mobile phone.
Children until 18. Children can take part in the ride only together with parents (one or both) or another adult who is authorized by notary to take care and is fully responsible for the juvenile.
Luggage transport. We recommend carrying the necessary personal stuff in the panniers on your bike. The service of luggage transportation is limited to 20 kg. The luggage for transportation should be packed to a standard bag (you will receive the bag after arrival), and it is included in the registration fee. In case of emergency (car accident or some other unexpected circumstances) you should be ready to carry all your stuff on the bike for 1-2 days. If you plan to transport any additional bag in the support bus you have to indicate when registering and pay in advance (2 Euro per day).
Neither organizers nor drivers are responsible for safety of your luggage. You should insure or protect your luggage against theft personally.
Membership fee – 17 Euro/day. You have to indicate the number of days you plan to travel in the table of the Registration Form, and your membership fee for the whole tour will be counted automatically. Full membership fee must be paid at least 7 days before your start day; otherwise it increases by 10%.
The membership fee will not be required from the local cyclists who help in organising the ride and will cycle less than 3 days. They have to cover only the sleeping costs. The organizers will appreciate if local participants will purchase a package with ride symbols (T-shirts, flag and sticker).
The membership fee includes:
- sleeping places for a tent under simple camp conditions (outdoor toilet, drinking water, waste baskets) in campsites at the ocean or in mountains; when camping in tent is not possible in mini hotels, rural villas or other places;
- car following the group with personal stuff of participants (1 standard bag 20 kg), first aid and basic bicycle repair instruments; possibility to call the car in case of serious emergency;
- black copy of maps with the marked route; list of recommended sights as well as a short description – daily consultation regarding the route, cultural program, catering;
- a package with ride symbols: T-shirts, flag and sticker;
- cosy surprises prepared by organizers.
- 10% – is available for pupils and students (not more than 26 years old), and families (3 and more people);
- 15% – for BC participants who cycled 100 days and more with us in BC history (2003-2014); if a participant reaches 100 days during the ride, the discount is calculated since that day;
- 100% – participants who fully prepare some part of the route (maps, descriptions, camps) will NOT have to pay membership fee for that part of the route and for the same number of days in the same ride or the next BC ride or they receive other gratification agreed with organizers;
- participants who obtain potential sponsors or support the expedition in another way will receive a Privilege Discount;
- discounts can’t be summed up;
- the discounts are applicable only if the Registration Form and at least the half part of membership fee is received before January 9, 2015; full membership fee must be paid at least 7 days before your start day, otherwise it increases by 10% and discount expires;
Additional paid service (optional):
– booked by registration
- transportation of bicycle and luggage to (from) Morocco – 70 Euro one way;
- ticket for a ferry from Barcelona to Tangier and/or back – 85 Euro one way, 160 Euro both ways;
- transportation of additional personal luggage (one standard bag up to 20 kg – 2 Euro per day);
- additional BC2015 T-shirt (10 Euro per unit).
– booked during the ride:
- bike spare parts (shop prices);
- possibility to use transport of organizers for arrival/departure to/from the ride in the radius of 50 km (4 Euro per 10 km counting the distance both ways).
Resignation rules. The date of resignation is fixed on when the resignation letter is received by organizers (before the ride by email email@example.com, during the ride it should be delivered to the leaders of expedition and confirmed by them). The date is important, because resigning from the tour the participant receives his membership fee back in the following manner:
- up to 30 days before the start – 100 %;
- 10-30 days before the start – 70 %;
- less than 10 days before the start – no money repaid, however 50% are deposited in participant’s account for the next year BC tour; if not used next year – they are lost in behalf of BC organisation;
- after 10 and more days of cycling – 80% of unused money (for the first 10 days no refund);
- money are paid back under mentioned above circumstances within 30 days after the end of the tour;
- if you decide to change the sleeping place provided by organizers to another, you will yourself cover a cost for it, the organizers don’t give money back if you don’t sleep with a group;
- if due to some reasons the participant separates from the group for one or more days (nights) no refund for this lost time is applicable;
- money is not paid back for the excluded from the tour participants.